Pages

Friday, January 21, 2011

Famous Positano Beach


Positano, IT .. a place I had always dreamed of going.  Seeing it's picturesque villa covered hills on 100's of travel magazines all of my life.  I had wanted to go there since I was 12 yrs. old.  I finally made it!!  Positano was better than any dream I could have had.  It exceeded my expectations in so many ways, but the people were what truly made the experience so wonderful.

I worked in the travel industry for years and although I loved it I always felt something was missing in my life.  I had creative energy stirring within me that needed to be developed in to something.  In 1996 I accidently found my calling when stumbling upon a candle and soap making kit in a new age shop in Seattle, WA while looking for Christmas gifts for my family.  Well needless to say they were the very first recipients of my handmade candles and soap that year.

It was strange how as time went on I was able to combine all the things I love in to a career, it was some sort of natural progression by following my heart.  I couldn't quite give up travel so I found a way to make it part of all I do.  Every year now I take a trip to collect ingredients for all of my handmade bath and body goodies.  My trip to Positano in 2005 was one of those trips.  I found a wonderful place for lemon oil in which I still purchase from today.  Not sure where I am going to go this year, that is still in the works.


You can always find my handmade creations at

No comments: