Pages

Sunday, January 09, 2011

Big Changes in 2011!

Wow, it's been a while since I've caught up on my blog and many other things.  Time is flying!  First off I want to thank each and every one of you for the wonderful support you have given me in the past year.  2010 was a big year for me and as a result has produced a lot of big changes with DeShawn Marie Handmade Soap.  I couldn't have done all that I did in 2010 without the help and support of my friends, family and customers.  I really jumped some big hurdles and am really excited about 2011.

This year I will relocate the business to sunny FL in a larger location that will accommodate the growth of the business.  That will be occurring next month so you'll see some of my online shops closed for about 3 to 4 weeks while I'm in the process of the big move.  I wanted to give everyone a bit of a heads up for that in case you had any plans of purchasing for a special event or something in which time would be crucial.  Some of my shops will begin to close on Jan. 20th so I can begin packing. The first shop to close will be my soap loaf shop.  Soap loaves will not be available from Jan. 20th through the end of March. At the end of March the soap loaf shop will re-open and you will begin to see a larger selection and a lot of improvements.  My Etsy shop and website will be closed from approx. Feb. 10th through March 10th.  I am hoping to re-open around March 10th with a large inventory of fresh new soaps.

Now the move is not the only big plan for this year.  Like I said a lot is happening in 2011.  Here are a few of the new things you can look forward to in 2011 at DeShawn Marie Handmade Soap:

  • Newly designed website (April)
  • More organic soaps (April/May)
  • Online classes & workshops (beginning in March)
  • More giveaways
  • New Etsy shop offering candles (mid Summer)
  • Videos posted to youtube channel (starting in March) 

I hope you will all follow along on this big adventure this year, I'll try to keep up with the blog through the moving process....it should be quite a big job and adventure :-) Again thanks everyone for assisting me in making my dreams come true, without you none of this would be possible.  I am so so grateful for all of your support.  I hope you will enjoy all the new things that will be produced this year from this growth and as a result of your continued support.

Much love,

DeShawn

Bookmark and Share



  • DeShawnMarie.com




  • DeShawn Marie Etsy Shop
  • 2 comments:

    Jennifer Young said...

    Hello, Wow your post was very exciting, inspiring and motivating for me! I am so pleased for you. I have been admiring your soaps on-line for a while and you are clearly a soap-artisan... with such unique creations. It also looks like you are a very hard worker with a lot going on. So, I am so pleased that the business is moving forward for. Best of luck in Florida at the new location and I look forward to continuing to follow your progress! xo Jen

    DeShawn Marie said...

    Thanks so much Jennifer for the kind words and well wishes. I truly appreciate it.
    xo, DeShawn