Pages

Friday, April 24, 2009

When you think of the tropics what do you think of?

Being in Florida for almost 3 weeks now I've found myself more relaxed than I have been in years. This morning I was wondering, is it the warm weather? the water? the sound of the birds? I came to the conclusion that it is a bit of all of the above, but more than anything I feel it is the healthier lifestyle. I think when living in a city we get caught up in the pace of it and let the hustle and bustle take our peace away. We grab a bite to eat on the run, we don't stop to listen to the birds, instead we hear the subway tracks rattling. Here are a few photos from my stay here.

The birds I listen to in the morning, right out the back door.



Florida has an abundance of fresh fruit and vegetables, which is another reason I feel much healthier here.



With the weather being so nice, you tend to do alot more outdoor activities. I've been able to take long walks everyday here. Including walking to and from the post office everyday shipping out my soap, in this environment I don't even feel like I'm working. The views are serene and breath taking.



There always seems to be something going on, whether it be an outdoor market, a farmers market or a street festival the community always seems to find a way to make the most of their good weather here.



Well with all of that said I used to think of pina coladas, coconuts, palm trees, pineapples and beaches when thinking of the tropics, but now I think of serenity and my health. This trip has really enlightened me to a balanced and healthy lifestyle which I hope I can incorporate into my life back home upon returning. So when you think of the tropics, what do you think of?

No comments: